
I did something more scary than death last week. I am not kidding, there is a survey which says an average person’s greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. That was what I did at the ANGLES Final last Wednesday. Apparently, the fear of public speaking ranks even higher than death (which ranked 3rd).
Imagine this possibility - a serial killer were caught by the police and were sitting through a lengthy trial. Finally the judge was ready with the sentence, he said, “our country has recently abolished death penalty, in view of the seriousness of this crime, the court sentences the guilty to --making a public speech!"
By the same token, at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
Even though I did not win at the ANGLES Final, I hope I have least become braver.
3 comments:
You are already very brave. I would not be able to give a speech like that.
As the saying goes, "Practice makes perfect", I hope this experience would spur you on to pursue your interest in public speaking. Congratulations for overcoming your initial fear. Mr. B
You rock. Way to go!
Post a Comment