
Since I was very young, I have always liked reading. Up to now, I still enjoy reading to improve my English, or just for fun. My first favourite series was ‘Mr. Men’. I was only four to five years old at that time. According to my mother, I would wake up early and start reading the books. I remembered enjoying these books; the stories were quite simple, and it was illustrated in colour.
When I was in Primary 1 to 3, I read many adventure books by Enid Blyton, such as Famous Five, Hardy Boys, etc. These books had a more interesting storyline, and were more entertaining. At a later stage of my primary school, I enjoyed reading books by Roald Dahl. My favourite was Matilda. Murderous Maths and Horrible Science are also my favourite series. These books use comics and light-hearted writing to illustrate complicated theories. I learned a lot from these books, even though I don’t always understand everything they are trying to explain.
Currently, I read books such as Animal Farm, The Kite Runner, A Thousand Splendid Sun, and so on. These books generally tell of how people, (or animals in Animal Farm) react in different circumstances. I also read newspapers, and magazines to know more about current affairs.
You can check out the books I am reading, by visiting this link-
http://weread.com/profile/index.php?id=6476CE30-4018-4C5E-A8F8-4A3B50952E0D
1 comment:
Good reading. I enjoyed your bookshelf. I wish you were old enough to see "Slumdog Millionaire" so you could see the comparisons to "Village.."
Post a Comment