
In one of the lessons, we were given some pictures, and we had to piece them together into a short graphic novel. Actually, graphic novels are just a series of pictures, without words in them, albeit like certain comics. Word novels are novels which make use of words to tell a story. They sometimes have pictures (illustrations), but these pictures alone do not tell the story. Word novels also allow the reader some room for imagination. This can sometimes be more interesting than graphic novels. It is for this reason that some people prefer reading the book to watching the movie. Let me give you an example- the book Narnia. When I read the book, I pictured the characters and settings differently from the movie.
Let me compare the two types of novels. Graphic novels are easier to read, and some people find it fun to read. However, the down side of this is that we would have to interpret the story, and the plot may be a little harder to identify. Word novels, on the other hand, can be harder to read, and some may find this more boring than the former. However, the plot and theme would be easier to understand, or identify. Most of the time, interpretations are not needed as much.
Overall, I find graphic novels a refreshing change to word novels, and I enjoy reading them too. Hope that I would be able to do more similar projects in the future.
Picture From: www.flickr.com
No comments:
Post a Comment