
Philip Malloy:
Things stink. I got transferred to Washington Academy. Wonder how folks are going to afford to send me to college. Narwin does have something against me. But why does everyone like Narwin? This is incomprehensible. How can Narwin, who makes a big fuss out of me humming, be considered a fair teacher? I bet she purposely failed me. The book 'Call of the Wild' is all about stupid dogs anyway. I was just giving my opinion on the book, and she had to fail me. Can't she take a joke?
However, even though Narwin is so unreasonable and unfair, everyone at school claimed that she was a good teacher. Why is this so? All the other people in this country, including my parents think that she is in the wrong. How dare she suppress my rights of being a patriot! I think she just dislikes me. There is no such rule preventing me from singing the national anthem, so why did she have to scold me? I could sing the national anthem in Mr. Lunser's class, so why can't I do it in Narwin's? Flrid
It's all her fault that I cannot join the track team. Coach Jamison keeps giving me that load of rubbish about having to have sportsmanship and to follow rules. What does English have to do with running anyway?
Anyhow, I hope that I will do well in the Washington Academy track team, and win a medal for them.
Comments (response to the above blog):
Coach Jamison:
Philip, you need to go with the flow. Rules are rules. If sports teaches you anything, it is that you must respect rules. This is not rubbish. This is something valuable that sport teaches. Harrison High track team does not need an athlete who does not abide by the rules. If you refuse to go with the flow, no matter how good you are, I won't accept you. Didn't I advise you to talk to Narwin about getting extra work to pass your English? Why did you sing songs instead? Do you know that if you had listened to my advice, you won't have to leave Harrison High, and I won't have to lose a good track team member? Fat hope about winning a medal in Washington Academy!
Miss Narwin:
I? Unreasonable and unfair? In all my 21 years of teaching, I have never, never been unfair to anyone in any circumstances. Why would I want to pick on you for? You blame me for failing you? I failed your English because you wrote utter nonsense which was intolerable for such an acclaimed masterpiece. Which other teacher would pass you? There are many things to learn from 'Call of the Wild'. Anyway, it is none of my business now. My life's duty of bringing fine literature to young minds has ended. I am now in Florida with my sister. I'm so glad I would never have to face lazy students like you ever again.
Superintendent Albert Seymour:
Philip, your disrespectful actions have defeated the school budget. All because of you, Harrison High does not have any funds to send teachers to courses. Do you know that all because of this, I have to go back on my word to send Kimberly Howard to a Marching Band Course? By the way, Harrison High does not discourage patriotism. You were suspended because you caused a disturbance, and refused to listen to Miss Narwin.
Mr. Lunser:
Just to clarify things, I am not a person who breaks important rules. I don't know what happened to you, you were a decent boy in my class. What had gotten into you? Why did you cause so much trouble to everyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment